At Allen Honda, we're counting down the days until the Chicago Auto Show next month, not just because we love cars but also because the 2016 Honda Pilot will have its world premiere at the show! The Pilot is going be significantly redesigned for the 2016 model year, and we think it's going to usher in a number of new high-tech features that will appear in future Honda models! Honda has released only a few key details about the 2016 Pilot. Here's what we know:
The Pilot will be updated to improve its fuel economy ratings, and Honda believes it will be one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles in its class.
Its exterior and interior styling will be significantly updated. Some speculate the Pilot will totally shake things up in terms of overall design.
An impressive safety suite including things like blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning is expected. Honda may surprise us and make these features standard on all Pilot models.
There will likely be some extra space for passengers in the Pilot, with special attention paid to the comfort of its third row occupants.
The Pilot will officially be released this summer!
Allen Honda will definitely report back once we find out more about the Pilot. Stay tuned! Oh, and be sure to check out our 2015 Pilot models in College Station! One of them might just be perfect for your needs!
Last month, Allen Honda offered some winter car service tips to help you prepare your car for winter. This month, we'd like to highlight some of our current service specials to further help you get your car ready for the cold months ahead. We've running quite a few specials right now that will save you on routine maintenance for your vehicle. Here are some of them:
$5.00 Off an Oil Change
Is your car due for an oil change? Why not save $5.00 on one with the valid coupon at Allen Honda? Remember that cold weather is hard on your engine, and things need to stay properly lubricated to ensure your car's best performance. If you know it's time for an oil change, don't wait!
Automatic Transmission Service Coupon
We'll check filters, pans, and fluid levels to make sure your car's transmission has all the help it needs to function at its best, and we'll do it for just $69.95 plus tax with the valid coupon. This is a bargain, and it's something you should definitely consider, especially if you've never invested in an automatic transmission service before and you've been driving your car for a few years.
Tire Rotation and Balance Coupon
Tire tread matters, especially in the winter when the roads get icy! So, consider extending the life of the tread on your tires with a tire rotation and balance at Allen Honda! Bring in the valid coupon from our website, and you'll only have to pay $36.95 plus tax for this service.
College Student Discount
College students, you can save 10% on any service for your Honda at Allen Honda! Just bring in your SHSU, Blinn, or A&M ID as well as your valid coupon, and we'll take off 10%!
Ready to start saving with these coupons? Print them off from Allen Honda today!
Want a peppy, stylish compact car to ensure you have a safe and successful 2015 on the road? Allen Honda in College Station would like to recommend the 2015 Honda Civic, which has an edge over competitors like the 2015 Mazda3 when it comes to overall advantages. Aren't completely sold on the Civic? Check out how both the new Civic and the new Mazda3 compare to each other:
2015 Civic: Its Noteworthy Advantages
The new Civic has continuously variable transmission, which lowers fuel consumption and puts less strain on the engine. The Mazda3 isn't equipped with continuously variable transmission.
According to Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and Consumer Reports, the Civic stops much shorter than the Mazda3 from high speeds. This means its brakes are likely more adept.
The Civic is safe to tow up to 1,000 lbs. It's unsafe for the Mazda3 to tow loads.
Bluetooth connectivity is standard in all Civic models. Only some Mazda3 trim levels come with standard Bluetooth connectivity.
The Civic did better than the Mazda3 in National Highway Traffic Safety Administration front crash tests and side impact crash tests.
The consumer's choice, the Civic outsold the Mazda3 by three to one during the 2014 model year. This year, the Civic is expected to be a top seller in the compact car class.
2015 Mazda3: Its Noteworthy Advantages
An optional cross-path warning system for Touring and Grand Touring trim levels distinguishes the Mazda3 in terms of safety.
Slightly larger standard tires than the Civic give the Mazda3 an edge when it comes to traction.
The Mazda3 offers 1.7 more cubic feet of passenger volume than the Civic.
Ready to get a feel for the 2015 Honda Civic on the road? Schedule a test drive at Allen Honda!
The 2015 class of minivans is made well, with attention to detail, attention to safety, and attention to your comfort and enjoyment. Choosing the right minivan can be a challenge, since they all offer a lot of what you're probably looking for. Luckily, Allen Honda in College Station wants to aid you as you sort through all of the information about potential vehicles. In this blog post, we'd like to introduce eight ways the 2015 Honda Odyssey beats the 2015 Kia Sedona, to help you learn more about these two top minivan choices. Here are the Odyssey's perks:
1. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety considers the 2015 Odyssey a Top Safety Pick Plus. The Sedona was not given this title.
2. The new Odyssey's five-year corrosion warranty doesn't have any mileage limitations. The Sedona's warranty expires after 100,000 miles.
3. The Odyssey has an engine control system that automatically shuts off half of its cylinders when the vehicle is cruising to conserve fuel. The Sedona is not equipped with this handy feature.
4. Front and rear gas-charged shocks improve the way the 2015 Honda Odyssey handles, especially when driving on choppy roads. The Sedona's shocks aren't gas-charged.
5. The Odyssey (Touring level) comes with an in-vehicle vacuum, which makes cleaning the vehicle a lot easier. The Sedona doesn't offer a vacuum.
6. The Odyssey offers 148.5 cubic feet of available cargo room. The Sedona only has 142 available cubic feet.
7. One-touch power windows are a convenient ergonomic extra in Odyssey models. Sedona owners don't benefit from this feature.
8. Active noise cancellation allows the Odyssey to provide a quiet, and peaceful experience for occupants. The ride in the Sedona may be less peaceful without this feature.
Almost sold on the 2015 Odyssey? Schedule a test spin at Allen Honda!
Is your car ready for winter? If you're a little unsure it's set up for success for the new year and beyond, here are some cold weather tips from Allen Honda we think you should keep in mind:
1. Consider your battery's age.
Car batteries tend to work well for around four years. After that, they can prove to be less reliable. Cold weather can definitely have a negative effect on a battery that's past its prime. So, if you've had the same battery for more than four years, consider getting it switched out before winter officially starts. Oh, and if you notice your vehicle hesitating to start, you should also consider getting your battery inspected.
2. Check your tread.
Does the tread on your tires look worn down? Tires with insufficient tread can put you at risk on icy roads. Get your tires checked out and switched out, if necessary, to make sure you stay safe when the winter weather gets inclement.
3. Stock up on emergency supplies.
Don't get caught on the road in a tricky situation without supplies that will make your life easier. Make sure you have a flashlight, some bottled water, a tire pressure gauge, jumper cables, and a first aid kit in your vehicle. It's also a good idea to keep an old cell phone that you don't use anymore in your vehicle. Even if the phone isn't activated, you can still typically use it to dial 911.
4. Think about a multi-point inspection.
At Allen Honda, we'll check your fluid levels (and top them off) as well as thoroughly inspect your car's most important mechanical parts. We'll help you identify any potential problem areas and help you develop an action plan to get them fixed. Now is a great time to be proactive about car maintenance.
We hope you'll keep our cold weather tips in mind as you get ready for the new year. If you need any help with car maintenance, please schedule a service appointment at Allen Honda!
In August, we offered you some details about Honda's new mini SUV, the Honda HR-V. Now Allen Honda is back with even more details about this brand new addition to the Honda lineup! Honda officially debuted the 2016 Honda HR-V at the Los Angeles Auto Show a couple of weeks ago, and the automaker released a number of key details about the new vehicle. Here are some things you should know that the awesome, new 2016 Honda HR-V will offer:
A competent 1.8-liter, 4-cylinder engine that produces 138 horsepower
Standard six-speed manual transmission
Available continuously variable transmission
A Magic Seat that allows for up to 58.8 cubic feet of available cargo space
A standard backup camera
Standard front wheel drive
Available all-wheel drive for outdoor enthusiasts
Standard Bluetooth connectivity
Standard Pandora streaming music compatibility
An available blind spot monitoring system
Available push-button start
An available power sunroof
Available heated front seats
Like what you're hearing about the 2016 Honda HR-V? Don't worry! You won't have to wait too long for it to arrive to our dealership in College Station. Honda is planning on releasing the new Honda early in the spring of 2015. If you're looking for a fuel-efficient, versatile vehicle right now, we encourage you to check out all of the new Honda models available at our dealership! Feel free to browse our inventory today!
Proud member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers!
Looking for the perfect 2015 crossover to park in your driveway? Allen Honda in College Station is here at your side with some key information about how two popular crossovers you may be considering compare. We've got the scoop on how the 2015 Honda CR-V and the 2015 Ford Escape stack up against each other. Here are eight of the new CR-V's advantages in comparison to its Ford competitor:
1. Things like an available collision mitigation braking system and lane departure warning system give the CR-V an edge when it comes to safety.
2. The CR-V's standard 4-cylinder engine produces 185 horsepower and 170 lbs.-ft. of torque. The new Escape's standard 4-cylinder engine only produces 168 horsepower and 170 lbs.-ft. of torque.
3. Continuously variable transmission conserves gas and improves engine performance in the 2015 CR-V. The 2015 Escape doesn't offer continuously variable transmission.
4. The CR-V offers a whopping 6 cubic feet of extra passenger space in comparison to the Escape.
5. The CR-V's cargo area is roomier: 35.2 cubic feet vs. 34.3 cubic feet.
6. With adaptive cruise control, the CR-V can automatically lower its own speed to avoid a collision when cruise control is activated. The Escape lacks this high-tech feature.
7. The CR-V's turning circle is 1.8 feet tighter than its Ford competitor's.
8. The 2015 Honda CR-V was named the 2015 Motor Trend SUV of the Year. The 2015 Ford Escape was not.
There's even more to love about the CR-V in comparison to its rivals than we've covered here. Get in touch with us at Allen Honda to learn more or to schedule a test drive in a 2015 Honda CR-V!
Proud member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers!
We have an impressive crop of affordable, pre-owned vehicles at Allen Honda in College Station right now. We have topnotch SUVs, mid-size cars, compact cars, subcompact cars, and trucks, and we have a used vehicle to meet the needs of pretty much any driver. Here are some of our current favorites, hand-picked from our wide selection of used cars:
There's nothing like a rugged, versatile Honda Element! This car remains a favorite among a niche crowd of both people who love the outdoors and people who just love a roomy SUV. Plus, it comes with a sunroof, and you can remove its rear seats for easy cleaning! We'll hand over the keys to this Element for just $8,995. If you're on a budget and looking for a great SUV, consider this one!
We're asking just $10,995 for this beautiful, red Civic that's poised to get you where you need to go in style. It offers excellent fuel economy, 5-star safety ratings, and performance capabilities that will amaze you. Plus, it only comes with 78,600 miles!
You'll turn heads in this stunning convertible, and it'll only cost you $12,995! It's the perfect car to impress on the road and in your driveway. Plus, it's satellite radio-ready and offers superb fuel economy ratings. And its previous owner only drove it 58,538 miles!
This 2013 Dodge Dart has a long life ahead of it on the road. It only comes with 33,242 miles and has an eye-popping price tag of $14,595. Plus, it has a combined fuel economy rating of 33 mpg, which means it'll save you tons at the pump! (Based on EPA estimates. Use for comparison only. Mileage may vary).
Get in touch with us at Allen Honda as soon as possible if you're interested in any of the vehicles mentioned above. Since their prices are so great, we don't think we'll have them on hand for long. And, if you're curious about the rest of our pre-owned inventory collection, we encourage you to browse it today!
Proud member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers!
As we mentioned in our previous post, the 2015 Honda CR-V is redesigned and en route to Allen Honda in College Station! We're quite excited about the CR-V's arrival, and we're excited to announce that the new Honda SUV won the title of Top SUV of the Year from Motor Trend! Motor Trend announced the 2015 CR-V's victory yesterday, and, since then, Honda enthusiasts have been abuzz!
The CR-V competed with top SUVs like the 2015 Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Tahoe, Porsche Cayman, and BMW X5 for the title, and it beat them all! This was definitely an accomplishment considering just how fierce the competition was. In order to be considered for the title, an SUV had to be redesigned for 2015. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee was also considered for the title because of its late 2014 release date.
Motor Trend cited the CR-V's impressive mechanics as well as its available safety features as compelling reasons for consumers to consider the new Honda. They took a liking to the 2015 CR-V's CVT, Earth Dreams engine, excellent fuel economy ratings, and its available lane departure warning system.
The 2015 CR-V is definitely expected to be a consumer favorite at our dealership. We'll let you know when the CR-V officially makes its debut in College Station. In the meantime, please check out the rest of the 2015 Honda lineup at Allen Honda. The whole 2015 Honda family has a ton to offer. You won't be disappointed with your options from Honda this year!
The 2015 Honda CR-V is currently headed to Allen Honda in College Station! It'll be the newest to join the 2015 Honda lineup at our dealership. The 2015 CR-V is redesigned and was changed in a number of exciting ways. If you want to know more about this 2015 Honda SUV, here are seven fun facts about this new vehicle:
1. Continuously variable transmission replaces 5-speed automatic in the new CR-V. This enables the CR-V to offer better gas mileage as well as a better engine performance.
2. The CR-V (front-wheel drive model) now gets 27 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway! (According to EPA estimates. Mileage may vary. Use these estimates for comparison purposes only).
3. The new CR-V's updated 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder engine now makes use of Earth Dreams. Earth Dreams offers a boost to the CR-V's fuel economy as well as the power it offers.
4. While the 2014 CR-V produced an impressive 163 lbs.-ft. of torque, the 2015 CR-V now produces an even more impressive 181 lbs.-ft. of torque.
5. The CR-V has a new front face, new grille, and updated headlights. Overall, it looks slimmer and more modern than previous CR-V models.
6. A few additions and alterations inside the CR-V make it look more refined and add some convenience. A new extendable sun visor, for instance, is a nice touch.
7. The 2015 CR-V adds a Touring trim level, which comes with automatic braking, adaptive cruise control, a lane departure warning system, and a forward collision warning system.
We'll update our inventory online as soon as the 2015 CR-V arrives. Please feel free to contact us at Allen Honda if you want a courtesy call to inform you of its arrival. And please feel free to check out all of our current 2015 models!