Will the new Honda Civic concept come to College Station in its present form? We’re dreaming that it’s so! This sleek design was just debuted at the New York Auto Show on April 1st. The sporty little car got a ton of attention – good and bad – but here at Allen Honda, we’re smitten. Zac Estrada of CarSccoops.com had this to say of the concept, “the Honda Civic Concept is one of the best examples of a car company listening to customers, enthusiasts and journalists all at the same time.”
Unfortunately, some details on the Civic will be tweaked for compliance and functionality, including the ultra-huge alloy wheels and the slim side mirrors. Despite those changes, the 10th generation Civic coupe is sure to be a show stopper when is it rolled out later in the year. Meanwhile, the anticipation is killing us! We can just picture the Civic concept in College Station. Here are some reasons we can’t wait to see this beauty come to life:
1. The game-changing Civic coupe will boast a throaty 1.5-liter 4-cylinder coupled to a 6-speed manual. Fun, fun, fun!
2. Although the interior was not shown, John Mendel, the executive vice president of American Honda, promised, when revealed, it will offer a "high level of connectivity." Sounds like a highly technologically advanced vehicle is surely on the way.
3. In addition to the coupe, Honda will be whipping out a hatchback, sedan, and a version of the already debuted Type-R concept. With the sporty coupe being the muse to the whole family, Honda fanatics are just beside themselves. We can’t wait till the unveiling of the Civic sedan in the fall.
4. That color is bold, we know, but it makes a statement. The kind of statement that says the Civic is back, and better than ever.
5. Lastly, the aesthetically pleasing tail-lamps are just as pretty to look at as the fierce front grille. We also enjoy the center positioned exhaust, which gives the classic Civic a fresh new twist.
"We are going back to our roots," said Mendel. Critics and the likes agree that the new concept is definitely bringing back that Civic feistiness and the once-known high performance. It may be a tall order to maintain Honda’s reputation of reliability and economically-friendlessness but we’re certain that the Honda Civic family won't disappoint. In the meantime, Allen Honda will keep dreaming to see that Honda Civic concept in College Station and you can check out our current Civic inventory.